George Nicolson were pleased to be instructed to undertake the decoration works to Blackhall St Columba’s Church through John Dennis & Company (Scotland) Ltd.
Our works were undertaken throughout the Church to areas such as the Gallery, Choir Gallery, Music Room and entrance vestibule. The woodwork such as timber cupboard doors, panelling, cills, doors, skirting and frames as well as metalwork such as radiators, railings and balustrades were decorated and a fire resistant lacquer was applied to new timber.
Following the preparation of the Chancel and North Aisle half dome ceilings, new bare areas were primed and numerous thin coats of Artisan Antique Gold effect paint were then professionally applied.
Blackhall St Columba’s Church, which came into existence in 1900, is located in a suburb at the North West of Edinburgh and is placed on one of the main arterial routes to the city centre.
To find out information on church life, worship, groups, community activities, events and more, please visit their website: