George Nicolson are committed to developing the skills of our tradespeople for the future. As well as being dedicated to training for growth throughout the industry, we continue to focus on increasing the skill level within our company and indeed the Painting and Decorating industry as a whole.
With this in mind, the company arranged a bespoke Ames taping course for 3 of our site staff through British Gypsum. Over a two day period, the course entailed:
- Installing tapes by hand to flat joints to walls and ceilings
- Using Ames taping machine to install tapes to internal joints.
- Using Ames taping boxes to finish flat joints and internal corner joints.
- Application and finishing of external corners using Gyproc AquaBead and Gyproc Leveline.
- Maintenance of Ames taping tools.
We are pleased to announce that all 3 of our operatives have successfully completed the course and are ready to put their new skills into practice as well as share their knowledge with others.